Happy M O N D A Y everyone! I hope you aren’t as sleepy as I am, but if you are no worries at all. Here are some awesome Dr. Seuss quotes to get you up and at ’em today:
1. “Today You are YOU, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than YOU.”
Sometimes you can get lost in a sea of comparison between yourself and others. STOP IT! You are so unique and wonderful in each and every way. There is only one YOU! Just be the best you that you can be.
2. “If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”
Step outside your comfort zone! Try new things! Go new places! Your life can be anything that you imagine it to be.
3. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
*IMPORTANT QUOTE ALERT!* One of my all-time F A V O R I T E S. Knowing this is so important throughout your life interacting with so many different people. At the end of the day, don’t get flustered by minute details from someone who isn’t an integral part of your life. The people who matter to you the most are the ones you should pay attention to more often.
4. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
Glass half FULL! Start to view your outcomes in life more positively by smiling about them than crying. Sure things can be really upsetting from time to time, but ask yourself, where is the Silver Lining in all of this? Sure that is so cliche, but it truly can make a difference in your perspective(s) on things.
5. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
T R U E. We tend to over-analyze a LOT in our lives. The answer can literally be sitting smack dab in the middle of our faces and we can fail to notice simply because the question itself is so confusing. Take a step back and try to solve your problems from the angle of, what could my answer be? rather than getting frustrated by the question.
6. “I meant what I said and I said what I meant.”
Speak up! Say what you want to say! Find your inner voice, your deep down confidence, your “true self” and let them soar! Your words matter; your voice M A T T E R S; let it be loud and clear for everyone to hear!
7. “The more that you read, the more you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
I love this one. I truly believe the more you do spend your time reading tangible, physical B O O K S, the better you can be. Knowledge is power; just think about Matilda! Sure, I can’t promise you telekinesis, but I can promise you less phone-mush-time and more book-learning-wisdom. Stop candy crushing and get to work!
8. “How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it is June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get late so soon?”
Time does fly by. Everyone says it, but you truly don’t feel it until your time is spinning uncontrollably out of your hands. I’m already finishing up my first half of my junior year in college, and it felt like yesterday was move-in day. Your life is time-sensitive. Every single day matters. Make the most out of what you have and who you hope to become by treating time like your most valuable asset.
9. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
Sometimes your days ROCK. Sometimes they don’t…and that’s perfectly okay! Keep in mind that you are always able to start another day tomorrow. Put on your happy hat and keep truckin’.
10. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!”
Step outside the box. Brainstorm. Create. Get E X C I T E D! You can do so much by spending some time thinking. Let yourself become the master of creation. Don’t get stuck in a swirling, never-ending, sheep-like mentality of follow the leader. Be your own YOU and think for yourself from time to time. What works for you? What excites you? What can you think up for this or for that?
I hope at least one of these quotes helps you get a little more pep in your step today. Happy Monday folks!
Written by Hannah Garrett on 11/19/2017